topbanner ad

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Blackmore Manufacturing

'Wedge' frame-mounted fairing

BLACKMORE Manufacturing has launched a new fairing design for Dyna, FXR and Sportster models, with more to follow soon.


Behind the design and production of the 'Wedge' fairing is Bill, who says: "As a young man I sold Hondas at a big dealership. I was exposed to the 'Vetter' fairing at the same time. I sold a lot of Hondas, and a lot of those left the store with a Vetter fairing fitted. Since then I've had a frame-mounted fairing on most of my motorcycles. I like the stability and the comfort that a good frame-mounted fairing offers.




“I bought a second-hand FXRT that was fitted with the ugliest fairing I've ever seen, the bike looked like a pretty girl in need of a new dress. So I built a fairing from fiberglass for the FXR. When I started to ride that bike, people always asked where they could get one of their own, and that’s how the 'Wedge' came about."
The 'Wedge' has been designed to work on a wide range of mid-sized motorcycles, not only Dynas, FXRs and Sportsters, but also machines like Triumph’s Bonneville and Thruxton, and similar sized machines from Yamaha, Suzuki, Victory and other manufacturers.
Bill says that a key feature of the 'Wedge' is that unlike many other fairing designs it bolts directly to the frame. "A frame mounted fairing is inherently more stable. It offers more wind protection and storage, and is less affected by side winds and the kind of pressure wave that every biker experiences when an 18-wheeler passes them on the Freeway."
Each 'Wedge' fairing is supplied with a complete mounting kit including all necessary brackets, fasteners and a wiring harness, in a finish that needs minimal preparation for paint.

BLACKMORE MANUFACTURING
www.wedgefaring.com